The Partnership for Working Families is a national network that is organizing to create good jobs and healthy, thriving communities in major cities across the country. Together with our 17 affiliates, the Partnership is driving a progressive agenda to harness the economic power of cities and influence billions of dollars in public and private investment. Our powerful coalitions of community groups, labor unions, faith networks and environmental organizations are tackling the crises of inequality and climate change that is disproportionately impacting low-income communities of color and women.
Passing and enforcing minimum wage, paid sick leave and other pro-worker policies,
- Transforming cities’ waste systems to create good jobs, slow climate change and boost community health,
- Creating construction careers that provide a pathway to the middle class for low-income people and people of color,
- Winning community benefits, like local hiring and living wages, from development projects,
- Advocating for accessible and green public transit, and
- Promoting affordable and safe housing.
For more info click here http://www.forworkingfamilies.